Plein Air Down Under - Outdoor Painting Festival
28 to 30 September 2019
see event website for program of times and locations of activities
Cost: Free for spectators
To participate see website for registration details
Event website: https://pleinairdownunder.com/
Local, national and international artists will be painting at Mandurah’s first outdoor painting festival and everyone is invited to attend.
- Attend a pre-festival workshop
- View art being created in the landscape, from a blank canvas to a finished painting
- Reveal your inner artist by taking part in a free community art activity
- Watch live painting demonstrations
- Check out the Tiny Shops on Wheels artisans (Sunday 29 and Monday 30 September)
- Visit Vivid Gallery throughout September to view plein air artwork, direct from the easel
- Attend the awards and festival exhibition opening, Monday 30 September at Mandurah Performing Arts Centre
- Cheer on artists participating in the two hour Quick Draw competition (Monday 30 September)
See program of activities here https://pleinairdownunder.com/festival-program-and-activities/
For artists who would like to participate, you can register here https://pleinairdownunder.com/registrations/
What is Plein Air Painting?
En plein air is a French expression meaning "in the open air" and refers to the act of painting outdoors. The artist's subject is in full view, with no photographic reference. It allows the artist to paint a moment in time, in real time. Plein air artists capture the spirit and essence of a landscape or subject by incorporating natural light, colour and movement.