Jarrahdale Post-Federation Walk Trail
An easy walk highlighting the post-Federation features of the township, the walking trail takes in sites and buildings that featured in the heritage of the ville.
The trail commences at the Old Post Office and continues to the Mill Managers Residence (circa 1889) and the site of the Mill Office (c 1913 and destroyed by fire in 1992).
It continues past the last of the steam driven mills and the 1952 water tank built for the ‘new town’ houses. Walk on past the single men’s quarters constructed in the 1960s and known as Batchelor’s Row, and the 1968 electric Mill and General Store.
A medical site containing hospital, morgue, doctors residence and nursing quarters and the war memorial erected in memory of the 41 Jarrahdale men who died form part of the walk. The Squire’s Shop (now a private house) and the site of the company ‘Cottage’ built in 1902 now Gooralong Cafe, complete the walk.
Admission Prices | Free